Christmas toy on fire

remote controlled car

Christmas car flames out

I never imagined a toy remote controlled car could catch fire.  It only took four AA batteries and a tiny circuit board.  Flames burned through the windshield and were shooting several inches in the air!  It was not a nice Christmas surprise for our 4 year old nephew.

We were lucky there were people around when it happened.  My sister in law is going to report this on Monday.  I wonder if there have been other incidents and if they will recall the toy.

Share
This entry was posted in family, stuff and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Christmas toy on fire

  1. Ed Perkowski says:

    What no video?

  2. Bill says:

    Maybe next time we’ll think to grab the video camera instead of the water.

  3. Bill says:

    It’s very strange for overheat into flames. Don’t you use Rechargable battery instead of Alkaline battery?

  4. Bill says:

    They were new, regular Duracell alkaline batteries that we use everywhere. Also, no damage in the battery compartment. Just on the circuit board and above with the flames.

  5. Bill says:

    An update: The incident was reported to the company. They said it was the first time anyone has reported this and they would investigate. The car was shipped back to the company and they replaced it with two other non-remote controlled cars since my nephew wasn’t too anxious to get another remote controlled car.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

CommentLuv badge